Saturday, May 1, 2010

In response to Ryan's Post...

In Ryan's recent post, he posed the question: "Do you believe that the people that get logos of company's tattooed on them do it out of impulse, or do you believe they truly showing brand loyalty?"

I think that there are some people who truly get a tattoo out of brand loyalty. My uncle, for example, has the Anheuser-Busch eagle logo on his arm. Although it may not be a good influence to have a tattoo of an alcoholic product for younger kids, I have never seen him drink another kind of beer in my life. I believe that he truly got the tattoo out of brand loyalty, and not just because he wanted to. This is a great way of free advertising for a company, and I'm honestly not surprised companies do not pay people to get tattoos. This could be a cheap and relatively permanent way of advertising at any given time of day.

I do believe, however, that there are some people who get a company logo out of impulse, or just because they "like" the company logo. I personally think that some companies have really neat logos, such as Under Armour, Nike, Apple, and Oakley. I don't think that I would ever go as far as to get a tattoo of one of them, as i would only get something that is personal and actually mean's something to me. This is not to say that some people wouldn't get a tattoo out of impulse or just because they think the logo looks cool. As in the case of my uncle, I truly believe he got the tattoo out of brand loyalty. Do you agree that some people can get a tattoo out of brand loyalty? Have you ever met someone who has?

No comments:

Post a Comment